Monday, December 8, 2008

Thought Process Behind my Displacement

So here is a look into my brain as I tried to be as clever as I could with my fairy tale. I am going to go through the story and bullet something genius and explain why it is so.

  • The title: Frosch means frog in German and sometimes it is a well in stories that the princess loses her ball in and sometimes it is a spring, hence wellspring
  • chemistry lab, formaldehyde: hinting to dissection and prescence of frogs
  • rose perfume, glod locks, rose lips, unnoticed beauty rest, Sarah: I wanted to try and incorporate as many of the general princess stereotypes as I could. Even the name Sarah means princess
  • gold heart shaped compact: the princess loses a gold ball, in place a gold compact with a circular mirror inside.
  • Name of school and Sarah's name: semi-royalty in the school
  • purple latex gloves: royalty
  • fiddling with compact: open and close it like tossing a ball up and down
  • Jacob Frosch: Jacob for the author, Frosch for frog
  • vintage video game: frogger
  • Louis Vuitton purse: royalty
  • hopped and hobbled: frog like motions
  • "I can fix it for you": offering
  • proposal, terms: Frog will only retrieve ball under certain conditions
  • dissecting frogs: Hint to the frog prince storyline
  • Sarah chooses Aurora: Goes back on her promise
  • smacks Jacob: symbolizes throwing him against the wall
  • not half bad: turns into a prince
  • completely mutilated frog: Jacob's years as an outcast were over and he was no longer a frog

So, I hope that helped explain a little more how it does actually fit into the plot of The Frog Prince quite nicely if I may say so myself.

No comments: