Monday, December 8, 2008

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes

So apparently, if what Cinderella sings about in Walt Disney's version of the fairytale classic, my heart does not want me to know what it wishes. I can rarely ever, for the life of me, remember one of my dreams. Perhaps the added pressure of having to do so for a blog forces my mind to block them out even more. However, my fiance vividly remembers many of his dreams and recieved the okay from him to divulge one that I think pertains quite a bit to children's literature.


Apparently he was sent on a quest and he was accompained by his daemon, a black panther that talked to him. (Can anyone say His Dark Materials) After awhile, he felt as if they were simply traveling around and around in circles and finally asked the panther that seemed to come right out of Rudyard Kipling's The Jungle Book if they were indeed going in circles. The panther replied very tatologically with "I know we are not going in circles because I know" and continued on to say some very nonsense things that could perhaps resemble the confusing and puzzling speeches of the Caterpillar and Humpty Dumpty from Alice inWonderland. Unfortunately he woke up after that so we have no way of knowing whether in fact they were going in circles, just as Alice contemplates whose dream she was actually in.

No comments: